SSA Member Protection Information Officers – APPLICATIONS OPEN
Softball SA invites all interested persons to apply for two positions as a Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) for the 2018-19 season.
The two successful candidates would be appointed as individual MPIO’s, who are to both independently and jointly work together as necessary, but would ultimately perform identical roles.
The MPIO’s duties include:
- to provide appropriate advice to our organisation and affiliated Clubs and Associations around their Member Protection Policy if/when a problem arises.
- provide information about a person’s rights, responsibilities and options available when making a complaint or raising concern.
- to provide support to all parties involved in any and all matters.
- Report directly to the SSA Executive Officer
- Report all matters in writing to the SSA Executive Officer
- Keep SSA Executive Officer informed of progress/conclusions of any matters
- Submit a full report of any matters once concluded
Please note: It is NOT the responsibility of the MPIO to investigate or attempt to resolve a complaint.
Previous experience is not compulsory.
Training will be provided via a compulsory MPIO training course, held by the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing (ORSR).
Duration of MPIO role:
MPIO roles will be in place for a 2-year term period.
The two successfully appointed MPIO’s will be required to:
– Register for free online training at http://learning.ausport.gov.au and complete all MPIO modules.
– Provide copies of certificates from the completed MPIO online training modules
– Attend a FREE face-to-face MPIO training session* at ORSR (November 4, 2018)
– Complete a registration with Sport Australia (using a unique link that will be provided) following the completion of the above requirements
*Please note: Online MPIO training courses must be completed prior to attending the MPIO training course at the ORSR – which will take place on November 4th, 2018.
An honorarium will be paid to the two successful candidates in return for their roles.
Applications must include a minimum of two referees/references, a current resume and cover letter.
Applications Close: Oct 31 2018
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org