2021 Umpire Training Courses for New Umpires and those with a Level One Accreditation
Both below courses to be conducted at West Beach – Under Main Grandstand Building
Training Course One – Greenshirt Training Course
On Three Consecutive Mondays 7pm to 9pm – Sept 6th, 13th and 20th
The SA Softball Umpires Committee have scheduled the Umpire Greenshirt Training Course, which is designed for:-
- All potential new umpires for the forthcoming season
- Any existing umpire that has not yet achieved their Level One accreditation to get the benefit of a refresher
- For anyone that would like a better understanding of the basic rules of Softball.
The Greenshirt training course provides an ideal opportunity for clubs to identify their new potential umpires and have them inducted into the Greenshirt program. The initial training for a new umpire is conducted over three Monday evening training sessions. The Greenshirt training is supported with:-
- An easy to follow beginners umpiring manual
- Presented in theory as well as on diamond practical sessions – so bring warm clothes
- On completion of the three initial sessions, training participants will be presented with their UmpireGreenshirt
- Whilst umpiring in their Greenshirt, they will receive the protection of the SA Office for Recreation and Sports Greenshirt protocols
- Follow up support, observation and feedback during Saturday matches by our experienced umpire trainers
- Review of ongoing improvement for consideration for their Level 1 Accreditation by season end.
This is a prime opportunity for clubs to identify at least two participants from their club to receive training as an umpire and benefit from additional club members being available for your club’s umpire rostering requirements.
Training Course Two – For Existing Level 1 Umpires
On Three Consecutive Mondays 7pm to 9pm – Sept 13th, 20th & 27th
(please note this Level 1 course starts one week after the commencement of the Greenshirt Training course)
The Level 1 Training Course, is designed for:-
- All umpires with a current Level 1 accreditation
- Any Level 2 umpire that would like to participate as a revision
The training will:-
- Revise the information learnt as a Greenshirt Umpire
- Provide the umpiring manual to become a Level 2 Umpire
- Provide the information you need to improve your understanding of the rules and how to apply them on the diamond
- Presented in theory as well as on diamond practical sessions – so please bring warm clothes
- Provide follow up support, observation and feedback during Saturday matches by our experienced umpire trainers
- Review of ongoing improvement for consideration to be assessed for their Level 2 Accreditation.
Interested in registering for one of these courses?
Contact Ian Gray at email@example.com. Enquiries can be made to Ian on 0409 900 760.
Anyone is welcome to attend the Greenshirt Training courses regardless whether you have an intention to umpire or not and there is no cost to attend.