The Dragons Program is now calling for player nominations. The details for the program can be found below:
The program for Players, Coaches, and other Officials consists of:
- Battery Program: Pitching and Catching
- Offensive Skills: Bunting, Situational Hitting, Hitting Technique
- Defensive Skills: Fielding Fundamentals, Gameplay and Strategy
- Cognitive Development and Game Awareness
The program will begin with a 3-day camp held at West Beach followed by a training schedule held in respective associations. The 3-day live in camp will begin on Friday April 16th and conclude on Sunday April 18th.
The follow up sessions will be delivered in each association once every three weeks. Sessions in Adelaide will be offered fortnightly on a weeknight. We are conscious of the commitment required of both players and coaches, so we have decided to offer a reduced number of sessions to cater for everyone. Players are welcome to attend sessions outside of their local area. I just need to be notified to ensure there are enough coaches at each session.
Here is a DRAFT program structure:
|16th-18th April||Adelaide (Camp)||Friday-Sunday||8am|
|20th June||Riverland (Retesting)||Sunday||10am-2pm|
|27th June||Adelaide (Retesting)||Sunday||10am-2pm|
What is included in the camp?
Things to expect during the camp:
- Skill and physiological testing
- Dedicated skill sessions
- Dedicated reflection/goal setting/game education sessions
- Match play
- Education sessions (psychology, nutrition, etc.)
- Psychology: Delivered by Dr Sam Elliott from Flinders University
- Nutrition: Delivered by Jacqui Beal from Flinders University
- Parents are also invited to attend this session.
The cost of the program is $350 (incl. GST). This includes food, accommodation, facility hire, equipment, follow up sessions, guest speakers, etc. Uniforms are to be purchased separately (more information will be provided once registrations are closed). Payment plans are available in consultation with the office.
In addition, the International Friendship Series will be hosting an Under 17 and Under 19 competition for both men’s and women’s teams in July in Blacktown, New South Wales. Since the recent cancellation of Junior National Championships, we will be sending development teams to compete in both men’s and women’s competitions. The Dragons Program will be utilised to select these teams for the 2021 International Friendship Series.
Please respond with your decision by COB February 22nd via the online form:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ben Lucas at email@example.com