FACILITY AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE FOR DSSA/BSA/SSA for FY20-21
To commence 1 July 2020, or shortly thereafter
Diamond Sports SA (DSSA) in collaboration with Baseball SA (BSA) and Softball SA (SSA) are seeking a sub-contractor to manage the DSSA facility and grounds at West Beach Parks.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Qualifications in Sports Turf Maintenance, Horticulture or similar (desirable)
- Proven experience working in the area of facility management/grounds maintenance.
- Proven experience and thorough understanding of diamond sports field preparation and horticultural requirements to maintain and develop diamond surfaces for baseball and/or softball.
- Exceptional interpersonal and liaison skills with an ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- High level of report writing skills shown in preparation of proposals for new opportunities and monthly Board reports.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Googledocs.
- Experience in dealing with volunteers and the ability to work in a small team environment.
- A current driver’s licence, first aid certificate and ABN.
- You must hold (or be willing to obtain) a current ‘Working with Children Check’.
Personal characteristics, attributes desired:
- Professional manner and presentation.
- Proactive communication.
- Ability to work autonomously with the use of initiative to work through problems.
- Attention to detail and a planned, well-organised approach to the tasks within the Scope of Services.
- Energy and passion for sport, even better if it is baseball and softball.
- A collaborative approach to working with different stakeholders.
- A sound ethical approach to evidence-based decision making.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and analytical skills.
In order to complete all requirements of this Agreement, the contractor may need to be flexible in the working hours. These hours may need to be worked mid-week, weekend and/or evenings and will vary throughout the year depending on events and competitions.
PROCESS TO EXPRESS INTEREST – The Scope of Services will form the basis of any signed Agreement. Please forward the below documents by email, and with a SUBJECT HEADING: DSSA F&G Maintenance FY20-21;
- A cover letter addressing the key points in the Scope of Services as well as any information about your skill set that will be an advantage for this role. Please include your ABN.
- CV together with supporting documentation such as insurance cover, First Aid qualifications, Working with Children Check etc.
For a copy of the Scope of Services, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy and for clarifications and/or queries, please phone: 08 8353 6766/08 8331 2675 during office hours.
Applications close Sunday 21st June 2020, at 12 midnight, and the DSSA Board will advise all applicants there after.