Softball SA Board Changes
Since the Softball SA Annual General Meeting in September 2020, the Softball SA Board has taken on a number of changes.
In accordance with the Softball SA Constitution, the Board of Directors has the responsibility to act and recruit to fill ‘Casual Vacancies’.
Such news and opportunity does not come without a downside, and we have said farewell to the following Directors:
- Karyn Dale, former Chair, decided not to stand for re-election at the 2020 AGM. She still remains involved with her beloved Walkerville Cats as their A Grade Coach.
- Kim Evans, an Appointed Director. Resigned in early November after 2-years as the legal representative.
- Stuart Mossman, an Appointed Director. Resigned in September after 3-years on the Board..
- Paul Brooking, an Elected Director resigned just this week. A Director since the 2017 AGM.
- Jim Manning, as some of you may already know, was only elected in 2019 and elected Chairman at the September Board meeting in 2020 but very soon after was forced to step down due to his ill-health and battle with cancer.
We thank all the Directors for their contributions and to Jim Manning, keep up the fight.
It is with great pleasure to announce the following Board appointments:
- Don Cameron has been voted by his peers to hold the position of Chairman, which is a reflection of his professionalism and capabilities. Don has been a Director since the 2019 AGM and will but up for re-election in September this year.
- Heather Ollrich was elected by the membership at the 2020 AGM. Heather’s election was highlighted by her drive to work for the grassroots of the sport, her experience as a councillor in Mt Gambier and defence force (Navy) and previously the Softball SA Member Protection Information Officer.
- Rick Kluge was appointed to fill a Casual Vacancy in November 2020, his position is up for election in 2022. A former Director that resigned in 2016 after a 4-year stint. He has as a terrific business leadership background and still a current playing member.
- Bob Nicholson has been appointed to fill a Casual Vacancy just prior to this month’s Board meeting, his position is up for election in 2021. A former Director that resigned in 2014 after a 4-year stint and is back to support Softball SA through this time.
- Annali Dolman has been appointed to fill a Casual Vacancy just prior to this month’s Board meeting,, her position is up for election in 2022. We welcome Annali back to Softball SA after close to 8-years abroad where she completed a Business degree and an MBA.
Nicole Peterson retains her position and has been a Director since the 2019 AGM (up for re-election in September this year). She has played a vital role on the Board since being voted on by the membership, most notably in finance especially throughout COVID.
This still leaves three vacancies, two of which are Appointed positions. The Board are in the process of recruiting individuals with necessary skillsets to fill these positions, in particular someone with legal expertise.
Should you, or someone you know have an interest in a position with the Board of Directors, please email email@example.com with an expression of interest with an attached resume.
Softball SA will call for Directors again in July, as the Constitution requires, for election at the 2021 AGM.